Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cape Sunio

This weekend we got to take a trip to Cape Sunio, which is where the Temple of Poseidon is located. This is the 3rd of the 3 Temples that form an equilateral triangle with each other (Poseidon, Athena, and Afea). It was an amazing view of the water and the colors of Athens really stood out to me from the Temple. 

What was also cool was that when you sit at the Temple, it actually sounds like waves crashing if you're in the right spot. Ancient Greeks, you were definitely doing it right! We spent about an hour up on the rock taking everything in and taking as many pictures as possible (some to come!). After our hike up we got to go down to the water. We had 2 hours of free time to do what we wanted. We decided to stop at a Fish Taverna for a quick bite to eat. We decided on doing a light lunch so that we could do dinner when we got back. We ended up ordering and splitting a bunch of appetizers to keep our cost down. I got to eat a lot of bread, saganaki, and Greek salad, yummm! That's basically what I've been eating a lot of lately. That and my gyros! 

After lunch we went into the water. The water wasn't too deep and there were no waves so we got to just relax and swim and have fun. I enjoyed it! The water was a beautiful blue color and was so salty and sandy! I was glad I got the opportunity to finally swim in Greece! We got on the bus and went back to Athens for the night for an early morning trip to the islands! (next post!)



climbed a rock with my friend Eleni! 


a few of us sitting and listening to the water!

us by the beach (you can see the Temple in the back!)



just me!  




No comments:

Post a Comment