Sunday, July 7, 2013

The First Day!

Today marks day 1 of being in Greece. I had a pretty good day with navigating airports and meeting new people. I sat next to a lovely couple from South Bend, IN on my way over who were on their way to England. They were quite the world travelers and had great advice and stories about Greece. I managed to sleep part of the way here so that was an accomplishment for me. Its only 6:35 at night and I am so close to crashing for the night.

My roommate and I started getting acclimated. We have a 4 person apartment just for the 2 of us, so we each get our own room with a lovely balcony as well. We had dinner with the program coordinator and I feel like I've already learned a lot about whats going to be going on the next few weeks that I'm here.

I had two VERY exciting moments today. First, I learned that the Greek Art & Architecture class I'm signed up for does not have any actual class time- its all trips to local destinations as well as museums. HOW COOL. Second, when we finished up dinner, the waiter asked me if I was a Greek American studying abroad. What an honor hahaha. 

I think there might be a third exciting moment today- the fact that I am about to crash!

Thanks to whoever reads this :-) I hope to keep this updated with my adventures abroad.


Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment