Friday, July 12, 2013

making friends

Mom and Dad finally arrived in Greece! Were having a great time exploring and I love showing them all the places I've found!

Last night they got in and I took them to a restaurant in Monnerseraki (spelling might be a little off but the pronunciation is spot on) and we got some great food. I had pastichio (my favorite greek dish) mom got some greek salad and dad ordered some small Greek appetizer because he was still not hungry from the plane. 

We got up this morning and went to my favorite lunch restaurant. Another gyro yummm cant beat it! Dad loved them too especially with the fries on top hah! After lunch we went back to Hadrian's Gate and the Temple of Zeus. We did a little shopping (found a purse I want!) and went to the Acropolis Museum. The museum had all the artifacts and statues from the ancient ruins. My parents are excited to hike up there on Sunday morning when theres an actual breeze (its hot hot hot).


We stopped at a small restaurant for some snacks and had a great time. We ordered saganaki which is officially my favorite, hopefully I can avoid eating it EVERY single day, but you know, when in Greece! We also got some other appetizers and drinks and got to sit and talk. I went home for my siesta and met up with them on the rooftop bar of their hotel for drinks and the sunset (pics to come). After we went to my new favorite dinner restaurant in Plaka. More saganaki (ordered 2 times in one day, over it) and some garlic spread. I got my favorite pastichio and it was even better than last nights. We ate and talked and ate some more and had a great waiter named Teddy. He was so nice and was very impressed with my attempt at using Greek, but at least I'm trying! He also convinced us we needed the hot apple pie with ice cream. Yuummm! The pie here is much different, crust on the bottom and top with apples in between. 

Tomorrow were off for a day at 3 of the islands than back to celebrate my birthday with friends! Hooray!  

No comments:

Post a Comment